A A A

Staff Physicians

The Columbus Regional Brain and Spine Center is directed by Dr. Marc S. Goldman and Dr. Michael W. Gorum, both highly experienced, well-known board-certified neurosurgeons. Each works in private practice with Columbus Neurologic Institute. 

Marc S. Goldman, M.D.

Marc S. Goldman, M.D. is a Columbus native and has provided medical care in the Columbus region for more than 12 years. He completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Georgia and earned his medical degree from Emory University School of Medicine. He completed his internship, residency and spine fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Upon his return to Columbus, Dr. Goldman established the neurosurgery practice that has evolved into the Columbus Neurologic Institute. Dr. Goldman is a member of The Medical Center’s Trauma Team and provides 24-hour emergency neurological and neurosurgical care to the region.

Michael W. Gorum, M.D.

Michael W. Gorum, M.D.Michael W. Gorum, M.D., has practiced medicine in Columbus for more than 10 years. He completed his undergraduate degree at Birmingham-Southern College and earned his medical degree from the University of Alabama School of medicine. He completed his internship and residency at the University of Alabama Hospital in Birmingham. Dr. Gorum served as staff neurosurgeon at Wilford Hall Medical Center on Lackland Air Force Base in Texas and later served as chief neurosurgical consultant to the Air Force Surgeon General. He is a member of The Medical Center’s Trauma Team and provides 24-hour emergency neurological and neurosurgical care to the region. He established practice in Columbus in 1997.

As the region's leading provider of healthcare, Columbus Regional Health has touched the lives of most of the children and adults in this region through its comprehensive network of services. Located in the West Georgia city of Columbus, Columbus Regional was established in 1986 as a not-for-profit health services organization, but its roots can be traced back to 1836 when the local hospital was a small wooden building on the banks of the Chattahoochee River.