A A A

Benefiting Charity

We will take cancer diagnosis, prevention and treatment in Columbus and the region to a higher level of care.
 
 “Together We Can”
 The John B. Amos Cancer Center

More than a decade ago, the late John B. Amos envisioned a comprehensive cancer center to serve Columbus and the region — a place where patients and their families could receive exceptional care and compassionate support without having to travel far from home. This vision was made reality when the first John B. Amos Cancer Center opened in 1990.
 
This year, as the Celebrity Classic celebrates its 19th anniversary, we are proud to support the freestanding John B. Amos Cancer Center, a state-of-the-art facility that brings hope and encouragement to the greater Columbus community and the region.
 
In February 2005, the John B. Amos Cancer Center moved to its new home at the corner of Veterans Parkway and 19th Street. It encompasses new technologies and treatments to support the unique needs of cancer patients and their families. Since 1947, the Columbus Regional Medical Center has been the region’s leader in the provision of progressive and comprehensive cancer care. We have the opportunity now more than ever to make a difference in the lives of cancer patients in our community.
 
In the coming decades the John B. Amos Cancer Center will soar to new heights in the delivery of quality and compassionate care. Through the dedication of our oncologists, specially trained nurses and other health professionals, the John B. Amos Cancer Center will continue to meet the challenges of the disease with the same courage, dedication and fierce commitment to life that our patients and their families exhibit every day.
 
You can be part of this effort and make a difference in the lives of these courageous people. Please join us and share the vision of John B. Amos.

As the region's leading provider of healthcare, Columbus Regional Health has touched the lives of most of the children and adults in this region through its comprehensive network of services. Located in the West Georgia city of Columbus, Columbus Regional was established in 1986 as a not-for-profit health services organization, but its roots can be traced back to 1836 when the local hospital was a small wooden building on the banks of the Chattahoochee River.