A A A

Columbus Specialty Hospital

Long Term Acute Care in The Medical Center

Columbus Specialty Hospital is a fully licensed 30-bed long term acute care hospital designed to improve the quality of care for patients with medically complex problems requiring additional inpatient care following hospitalization.
 


 

The hospital is designed for patients who need highly specialized care beyond the typical hospital stay. Patients typically transferred to a long term acute care hospital for additional care are those who are:

       • Medically fragile or complex due to injury or illness
       • Those with cardiovascular or peripheral vascular disease
       • Those with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
       • Those who are ventilator-dependent


For more information about Columbus Specialty Hospital, visit www.columbusspecialtyhospital.com.
 
       Contact Us:
       Columbus Specialty Hospital

       Greg Thomsen, CEO 
       710 Center Street, 9th Floor
       Columbus, Georgia 31901
       (706) 321-6720
 
Rehabilitation Services at The Medical Center

The Rehabilitation Services Department at The Medical Center, operated by Human Performance and Rehabilitation Services, Inc., offers a wide range of services that includes a comprehensive, full-service program of:

      • Physical, occupational and speech therapy
      • Speech and language pathology
      • Testing in audiology and electrophysiology.

 
Learn more about Rehabilitation Services and Facilities affiliated with Columbus Regional including:

      • Rehabilitation Services Department at The Medical Center 
      • Regional Rehabilitation Hospital in Phenix City, Alabama

As the region's leading provider of healthcare, Columbus Regional Health has touched the lives of most of the children and adults in this region through its comprehensive network of services. Located in the West Georgia city of Columbus, Columbus Regional was established in 1986 as a not-for-profit health services organization, but its roots can be traced back to 1836 when the local hospital was a small wooden building on the banks of the Chattahoochee River.