A A A

Dr. John Bucholtz appointed to national accreditation committee


06.29.2011

          John R. Bucholtz, D.O., director of Medical Education and program director of the Family Medicine Residency Program at The Medical Center, has been appointed to the Residency Review Committee for Family Medicine, one of 28 specialty review committees of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The ACGME approves and governs the 8,743 residency and fellowship training programs in the country, and is comprised of 110,000 physician trainees, including 460 Family Medicine residency programs. The ACGME is responsible for the accreditation of post-MD medical training programs within the United States. Accreditation is accomplished through a peer review process and is based upon established standards and guidelines.

            Dr. Bucholtz has been the program director of the Family Medicine Residency Program at The Medical Center since 1993. He also continues to practice full-service family medicine.

            Dr. Bucholtz is one of Georgia’s two delegates to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Congress of Delegates and has served as chair of the AAFP Commission on Education. He is a past president of the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors. He is also certified by the American Board of Osteopathic Family Physicians and recently completed a five-year term on the American Board of Family Medicine.

            He holds clinical faculty appointments at the Georgia Health Sciences University, Mercer University School of Medicine, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine-Georgia Campus and Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine.



Return To Previous Page
As the region's leading provider of healthcare, Columbus Regional Health has touched the lives of most of the children and adults in this region through its comprehensive network of services. Located in the West Georgia city of Columbus, Columbus Regional was established in 1986 as a not-for-profit health services organization, but its roots can be traced back to 1836 when the local hospital was a small wooden building on the banks of the Chattahoochee River.